Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucretiaborgia@fl.it is offline

Default Meat for Pastys and the like

On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 16:58:39 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

>>>Every civilised country should have free healthcare, public transport
>>>and beer. Few do.

>> Definitely free healthcare, that's a sacred cow in Canada and
>> politicians try to monkey with it at their peril, but I also feel
>> guaranteed pensions are good too. Seems now all the major
>> corporations are trying to do away with them, not fair, another way
>> the 1% see to grab more for themselves.

>I agree about health care, but...it's not free it paid for by taxes and
>fees.
>
>Cheri

Sure, the money has to come from somewhere but it does guarantee that
like me last week, I take my toe into emerge, it is stitched up, I am
sent home armed with clean dressings for it and I then go to my own
doc to have stiches removed. I could have no money or lots, but it
would be the same treatment. The only thing I had to show was my NS
medical card which proves I live in this province and also means the
computer brings up all my medical files for them. Our fees are paid
by a 2% ( I think, something like that) tax on sales. Not on all
sales, but things like cars, or clothes.