Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_8_] Nancy Young[_8_] is offline

Default No tipping policies

On 8/23/2016 6:58 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 17:52:31 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:
>
>> Someone wrote to a column, complaining about kids of visitors
>> running around and playing in the cemetery, how disrespectful
>> to the deceased. I thought If the dead people knew, most of
>> them would be Finally! something fun around here.

> I don't know why anyone would call it "disrespectful". Where does
> that come from? The cemetery of my dreams will eventually be a park
> (which is why I think a tree is a perfect memorial), and I want people
> to picnic on my grave. Go to the cemetery and enjoy life!

Perhaps I could understand if they said disrespectful to the
mourners, but they didn't.

I'm with you on that, and if I was the grieving party, perhaps
I would go at a quieter time. Picnics, family gatherings, I
think that's a better way to pay respects than people staying
away and only being somber if they do visit.

nancy