Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Rudy Canoza[_8_] Rudy Canoza[_8_] is offline

Default Vagan question, getting started.

On 9/10/2006 5:14 PM, Rupert wrote:

>>> He is balancing the relative harms/benefits in the options
>>> available to him, and doing what he believes is the best.

>> That's utilitarianism, not deontology. He believes that it
>> is morally permissible to kill SOME animals in the hope
>> that it will prevent the suffering of a LARGER group
>> of animals.
>>

> No, I do not. I hold that in an ideal society, we would inflict no more
> harm on nonhuman animals than we must to survive.

Ha ha ha ha ha! You just ****ed yourself up the ass! Once again,
economics triumphs over half-baked undergraduate (lower division) bogus
philosophy.

People - you included - don't ****ing *want* merely to survive. People
want more than "mere" survival. You could "survive", you cocksucker, if
I held you in a concentration camp and fed you 900 calories per day.

But look! You have explicitly said that "mere" survival is adequate.
You consciously and *willfully* - key - inflict more harm than you need
to do "merely" to survive. You do this based on your lust for comfort,
ease, convenience and professional prestige in your field. You could
abandon your current "lifestyle" and make some serious sacrifices in
order to reduce your death toll, but you don't *want* to do that. Once
again: it's all about you.

> Inflicting any more harm would violate a constraint.

Which, of course:

a) you can't identify
b) you violate every ****ing day

> Unfortunately, those constraints are currently being violated.

By *you* - needlessly.

> But the constraint on me as an individual
> living in this society is only that I make every reasonable effort

Translation: every self-servingly limited effort...

> to avoid financially supporting it, not every possible effort.

What total self-serving horseshit.

The fact is, scum, that all you do is refrain from consuming animal
parts, which we have shown is a purely symbolic gesture.

You're a shitstain.