Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Janet is offline

Default New book! "A Square Meal: A Culinary History of the GreatDepression"

In article <1890456931.493400481.445508.jinxminx2-
>, says...
>
> Janet > wrote:
> > In article -
> > september.org>,
says...

> >> You are incorrect. There most definitely was food rationing during the
> >> Great Depression.

> > You're confusing shortages and poverty with govt food rationing. They
> > are not the same thing.
> >
> > Janet UK
> >

> Regardless of any formalized government rationing system there was still
> informal rationing that was done even if only done at the local or home
> level.

Now you're confusing people in the Depression necessarily "making do
with less", with rationing.

There was nothing informal or local about food rationing; it was
compulsory and imposed on all, rich and poor.

Janet UK