Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_56_] Jeßus[_56_] is offline

Default No tipping policies

On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 15:55:00 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 8/14/2016 3:42 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> That would be my preference. I hate the idea of tipping. Just pay the
>>> staff better wages from the outset and increase your prices
>>> accordingly.
>>>

>> What about the staff that gets a pay cut? What is a better wage? It
>> may help some, but not everyone.

>Then they can go and get other jobs that will pay them what they are worth.

Wait staff get paid perfectly well in Australia, without tipping. I'd
hate to see that change with a move to reduced wages and tipping to
compensate.

I used to clean, cook, order stock, serve customers and pretty much do
everything else apart from the book work at one restaurant back in
1993. I got a perfectly adequate wage and never once thought about
tips.