SansMeat

"rick etter" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "SansMeat" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > "Ray" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "SansMeat" > wrote in message
> > > .. .

> little
> > > on

'Tofu',
> > just

remains
> > > just

> > > "palatable"

> > trying
> > >
> > > My understanding of palatable is "acceptable", and nothing more.
> > >
> > > My mistake. You are correct.
> > > But put yourself in my position some thirty years ago. People like

> myself
> > > trying to live a decent life, did not have all the knowledge easilly
> > > obtained from the internet. OTOH TVP was easy to obtain and so were

the
> > > bland recipes

the

> > > Depends on your attitude, some may state that if you like the taste of

> > meat,
> > > you are a hypocite for eating substitutes Remember I usually post from

> the
> > > rough NG aaev, where the real work is done..

> > But I like grilled portabello mushrooms which are said to have a "steak"
> > like flavour (which I agree), that shouldn't prevent a vegetarian from
> > eating them should it? I personally don't think flavour should be an

issue
> > as to whether or not you are a "good" vegetarian.
> >
> > I'm not familiar with what "NG aaev" is, can you help me here?

> ====================
> NewsGroup, alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
>
> try reading headers..

Thanks for jumping in and helping out. I was wondering though, why is it
that with every little effort to help there seems to be that slight jab at
someones intelligence or ability to do something that you feel you can do
better? When I offer to help someone I do it out of a sincere desire to help
someone not to belittle them. If someone falls and I lend a hand up I don't
chastise them for falling, I simply offer the help. I will in the future do
my very best to "read headers" so as not to offend or spark any major
controversies. Again, thank-you for your kind help and advice.

> but, it might be a rough group for ray and the other ar loons, only

because
> they've never been able to defend their ignorant vegan religious idiocy...
> Their hypocrisy reeks here....

Why do people in NG's fight about everything? I don't see neighbours at war
over whether one eats meat and the other doesn't, do you? In the NG's its a
common occurence to see people fighting with such furor that its almost
frightening. If you disagree with the majority of bullies that runs whatever
NG you are "loon" or a "troll" or whatever other name they label you with.
Certainly there must be others who lurk out there that are sick of this and
want to speak up but don't want the hassles that come with it. Speak up,
lets hear from you so the number of sane people can be seen and perhaps you
can start your own forum somewhere where you can eliminate the "bullies and
just get back to having decent discussions without name calling and rude
people.