SansMeat

"Ray" > wrote in message

> "SansMeat" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > "Ray" > wrote in message
> > > When I became a vegetarian some thirty odd years ago, there was little

> on
> > > the
> > > market to make the transition easy. There was no 'Quorn' or 'Tofu',

just
> > > TPV.
> > > Although TVP can be made palatable by a half decent cook, it remains

> just
> > > that
> > > 'palatable'

> > I think tofu has been around just wee bit longer than TVP. Since

> "palatable"
> > to my understanding means "pleasant tasting" I'm not sure what your

trying
> > to say in regards to using TVP.

> My understanding of palatable is "acceptable", and nothing more.
>
> My mistake. You are correct.
> But put yourself in my position some thirty years ago. People like myself
> trying to live a decent life, did not have all the knowledge easilly
> obtained from the internet. OTOH TVP was easy to obtain and so were the
> bland recipes
> >

> > > Now that we have 'Quorn', there is no need for 'would be' ethical
> > > vegetarians to suffer
> > > from meat withdrawal symptoms. Some of the Quorn products now on the

> > market
> > > taste
> > > dangerously like meat!

> > Why is it "dangerous" to taste like meat?

> Depends on your attitude, some may state that if you like the taste of

meat,
> you are a hypocite for eating substitutes Remember I usually post from the
> rough NG aaev, where the real work is done..

But I like grilled portabello mushrooms which are said to have a "steak"
like flavour (which I agree), that shouldn't prevent a vegetarian from
eating them should it? I personally don't think flavour should be an issue
as to whether or not you are a "good" vegetarian.

I'm not familiar with what "NG aaev" is, can you help me here?