Vicky Conlan

According to >:
>When I became a vegetarian some thirty odd years ago, there was little on
>the
>market to make the transition easy. There was no 'Quorn' or 'Tofu', just

I suspect there was tofu, if you looked hard enough, since it's a traditional
Japanese staple.

>Although TVP can be made palatable by a half decent cook, it remains just
>that 'palatable'

I still use TVP in preference to quorn quite a lot. What's wrong with
'palatable'?

>Also for vegans, albumin is used as a binder in some Quorn products, but not
>all, so vegans

Are you sure it's not 'all'? I've not been aware of any that didn't.

>should read the small print. However for ethical vegetarians, please note,
>the albumin used
>in the production of some of these products is obtained only from 'free
>range' chickens.

It is now, it used to be from battery hens. Quorn was never intended as
a 'vegetarian' food, it was marketted as 'low fat'. It's only a small
unintentional that it ended up being taken up by the vegetarian market.

--
http://comps.org/ <> http://comps-offline.co.uk/ <> http://comps-online.co.uk/