James A. Finley

> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm looking for a recipe for "half-sour garlic" Jewish Deli-Style
> pickles.
>
> Are "half-sour" and/or "Jewish Deli-Style" pickle recipes what i'm
> looking for? Are they one and the same?
>
> I've done a Google search for both descriptions and i'm not sure if
> they're what i'm looking for.
>
> TIA,
> Walt

Pickles, Half-Sour #1 - pareve
Posted by : Leslie

These are very simple. Place about 10 well washed kirby cucumbers in a glass
or ceramic jar with a lid. Add several cloves of garlic, halved (no need to
peel) and several sprigs of fresh dill. Pour in about 1/4 cup of kosher
salt. Cover with water and put the lid on and shake to dissolve salt. Leave
on the counter for 12 hours and up to 2 days. Taste, and if done to your
liking, put in refrigerator. Use within a week for best flavor, as they will
continue to pickle and get cloudy.
Enjoy,
Leslie