Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet B Janet B is offline

Default Sharpen special blades?

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 13:10:06 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 08:55:30 -0600, Janet B >
>wrote:
>

>> My food processor and Ninja blades are getting dull. Is there a way
>> to sharpen them or must I buy new blades?

>Are they replaceable? I have the mini-Ninja and figured I'd have to
>replace the entire unit if my motor outlasted the blades.

I haven't tried to replace yet. However,
http://www.ninjakitchen.com/
find your model # and replacement parts and see if it is there.
I did try the knife sharpener that Squertz recommended this a.m. and
it does seem to work. The Ninja I purchased came with three different
vessels, 3 different sets of blades, tops and one motor. It's a
pretty old model. I'll work with the sharpener until the blades just
are on last legs and then maybe look at replacing the whole thing.
Ninja is pretty inexpensive.
Janet US