Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Rieslings, Pinots, Gamay, GV, and more

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 2:35:27 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> Bummer about the Sancerre Rosé. Never heard of the producer, tho.

Took a flyer because it was at Chambers, and friends have liked the whites.

> 2011 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett, but neglected to open
> > till shrimp were almost gone. Slight CO2 spritz, a little reduced at
> > first, cleans up. Green apple and yellow plum, some herby notes.
> > Young but good. B+

> No trace of sulfur? I have a very difficult time with young Prüm wines
> because of the sulfur.

I think they've lighted up a bit in recent years, especially on Kabinett level. although still plenty of sulfur, which is where I assume the (light) reduction comes from . But I'm no chemist!

> I've so far resisted the plunge with Corsican wines. Just a bit too
> pricey for me.

Some are actually pretty cheap (Leccia for instance), The Abbattuci wines - especially the Cuvee Collection ones (fascinating story, family got cuttings of almost extinct indigenous varieties and saved them) are pricey, but very good. But Zachys had a sale where this wine and the red Ministre Imperial were $35 rather than normal $75-100, wish I'd bought more than I did.