Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Neighborly neighbors

On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 18:33:38 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2016-06-12 6:26 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 15:27:18 -0600, graham > wrote:

> > Cruises are floating hotels that take you to a new destination every
> > day. Have dinner onboard, go to sleep and it cruises to a new port
> > overnight - no packing & unpacking necessary. Get up, have breakfast
> > onboard, disembark and walk or bike to your heart's content exploring
> > a new town.
> >

> I think I would think of an ocean cruise too much as a mode of transport
> and would be waiting to get there all the time.

Ocean cruises are for those who need to recharge their batteries.

> A river cruise, OTOH, is
> a sightseeing tour. It is an added bonus that they have meals. From my
> experience, European buffets tend to be excellent. I can see myself
> doing one of those.

Mediterranean cruises and Caribbean cruises are popular too. Like
river cruises, you're in a new port every day. If you like a
particular port or country, you can return for a more in depth look on
your next vacation. At least that was our theory, but it hasn't
worked out that way - because we like cruising.

--

sf