Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Neighborly neighbors

On 2016-06-11 3:49 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 08:59:08 -0600, Janet B >

> The blogger says:
> Run the soft dough through a potato ricer, which extrudes perfectly
> rustic looking dumplings that could almost pass for Gemelli. A few
> squirts of dough into the boiling water and youll have enough Nokedli
> to feed 2 people in less time that it took you to read this paragraph.
>
> My ricer has holes on the side too, so it's kind of messy to use. I
> finally bought a spaetzle maker - but everyone went either low carb or
> gluten free on me shortly after that, and I haven't used the darn
> thing.

I tried the link and it didn't work so I Googled Nokedli and got
spaetzle. That is comfort food for me. I used to have it frequently at
my German friend's house. I have made it several times myself. It is
great fresh. I save the leftovers ( tossed in oil to keep them from
sticking together) and fry them up with bacon and onion.