Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Mother's Day was [OT] Life after cell phone

On 2016-05-18, Jeßus > wrote:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler_SP250

> .....a good power to weight ratio sports car.

At the very least!

I recall my late mom dating a guy who owned one. He finally gave me a
ride, one evening, down a long 2-lane stretch. When we hit 110 mph,
he looked over at me, smiled, and told me he still had a another gear,
to go. I looked over. Yep, he was in third! Being jes a kid, I was
duly impressed.

Many years later, when I ended up commuting that same stretch, it was
so crowded, no car ever saw the high side of 50mph, day or night.

nb