Incontinentius Buttocks

"Irma" > wrote in message >...
> Hi IB,
>
> I have a machine very similar to yous. Well, mine is not as professional and
> expensive as yours but I get nice tortillas from it. Mine has just one
> temperature and the surface is covered with teflon.

Teflon, what a concept. Last night I was wondering to myself why
Villamex didn't think of using Teflon, which got me to thinking,
"Well, why don't I figure out a way to get this treated with Teflon
myself?" After talking with the sales rep yesterday, I had tried a
recipe like yours below, but with 175 grams of lard. The tortillas
turned out too heavy and greasy for my taste, and stuck to the press
anyway. I really prefer the hand-rolled recipe I was using before with
milk and a small amount of oil, and many people who have tried that
(most of whom had never tasted a tortilla before) have commented on
how light and tasty the tortillas are.
After checking around locally today without results, I called DuPont
of Brazil, who put me in touch with their closest factory-authorized
installer, who is six hours' drive from here. Luckily, since I am in a
very popular beach city, it happens that the guy is coming out for
some R&R this weekend and can take the press with him and even return
it a few days later, so my cost will be about U$50 and no delivery
charge.
Oh, and I thought of a name for my burritos and wraps. Since they
are an unknown product, it makes sense to coin a name that fits
locally. With Brazilian pronunciation, "burrito" would be pronounced
"boo-HEE-toh", and would have to be explained every time:
"It's Mexican, blah blah blah..."
"Mexican?! Must be too spicy!"
"No, don't worry, you only add your own fire if you want, blah blah
blah..."
And Brazilians would have trouble pronouncing the word "wrap", in
addition to even understanding what it means. Clipping off the "w"
would render the pronunciation as "happy". So the word I thought up is
"rechê (hey-SHEY)", short for "pancilho recheado", which would be
"pancillo relleno" in Spanish. So a burrito will be a rechê de arroz e
feijão (rice and beans, the national staple). I may not even use the
word Mexican, so as not to raise the spectre of "too spicy" .

IB