Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucretiaborgia@fl.it is offline

Default [OT] Life after cell phone

On Wed, 4 May 2016 18:22:23 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 04 May 2016 10:44:37 -0400, William wrote:
>
>> you don't understand what you are depriving yourself of Jill. I
>> recently traveled to my daughters house in south Florida. I turned on
>> an App called "Google Maps" to guide me on my journey. Along the way,
>> the person on Google Maps giving me directions suddenly came on and
>> said there was a wreck blocking the road ten miles ahead and I should
>> take the next exit to detour around the wreck and backed up traffic!

>Did it also tell you stop` on I-75, get out of car, strip off all your
>clothes and sing Anchor's Aweigh?
>
>I would never trust any traffic information on Google to be
>up-to-date. Wreck probably happened 2 days ago. But there are
>peer-to-peer apps that can work well for up to date info.
>
>=sw

Too true - if I google the street where I live it is clear it was done
by them maybe six, seven years ago, based on knowing the street well.
Also on a nearby street, there was a man washing his car in his
driveway, he clearly noticed the google car and gave it the bird, it's
still there, you would have thought they would have removed that!