Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucretiaborgia@fl.it is offline

Default [OT] Life after cell phone

On Wed, 4 May 2016 13:12:46 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 3:33:17 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> Exactly!! The landline telephone service is perhaps THE most reliable electronic communications technology ever implemented!! Can't say that about ANY cell phone service! ANY!! I can count the number of times my land line telephone service had been out in 50 years of use on ONE FINGER!! Exactly ONCE!! Phone company was doing some work on the phone lines outside.

>You're lucky. Before I dumped my landline, I was losing service
>every other thunderstorm.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

When I was outside town my cell phone, true an original big Motorola,
just could not pick up a signal at my house. Further up the road,
yes, but at home, no. I gather the little road there is still out of
touch with any connection, so land line was IT.