Posted to rec.food.cooking
William[_5_] William[_5_] is offline

Default [OT] Life after cell phone

On Tue, 3 May 2016 17:13:52 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/3/2016 4:17 PM, William wrote:
>> On 3 May 2016 13:21:04 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>>
>>> I don't usually post off-topic, but this time.....
>>>
>>> I let my cell phone acct lapse ....on purpose! Gee, I don't miss it
>>> one bit. I have no more cell phone capability, but I still have the
>>> device and it works pretty dang good, w/o the phone part.
>>>
>>> nb

>> before Thomas Edison created the General Electric Corporation,
>> he invented electric light bulbs. Alot of people around the country
>> refused to use them prefering their oil lamps and candles to light
>> their homes at night. There were many who refused to pay $600 bucks
>> for one of Henry Ford's Model "T" Automobiles when they came out.
>>
>> Once they died off, their decendents saw these products as necessities
>> of life.
>>
>> William
>>

>It's not the same thing. I haven't had a cell phone for years. I
>haven't missed it.
>
>Jill

you don't understand what you are depriving yourself of Jill. I
recently traveled to my daughters house in south Florida. I turned on
an App called "Google Maps" to guide me on my journey. Along the way,
the person on Google Maps giving me directions suddenly came on and
said there was a wreck blocking the road ten miles ahead and I should
take the next exit to detour around the wreck and backed up traffic!

Don't you really NEED a Smartphone in your life?

William