Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_8_] Nancy Young[_8_] is offline

Default [OT] Life after cell phone

On 5/4/2016 8:41 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> Yes, spotty cell reception is an issue around here unless you have
> purchase a signal booster. A few years ago there was a push to put a
> cell tower on Dataw but no one wanted that to be their view when they
> look out the window. From what I understand, it really wouldn't have
> helped unless all the various carriers used it.

What's stopping Dataw from installing a cell phone booster? Would
be a service to the residents and how much can it cost?

A few years back the fire department wanted to have a cell phone
tower installed in their parking lot. 300 feet tall or something
equally ludicrous. (miss you, Lou). It would have been an insane
eyesore right in the middle of the 'village'.

We went to the town hall meeting to show opposition. One thing
that came up was People are complaining about the cell signal when
they're shopping in Acme. It was brought up that all that was needed
was a cell phone booster in the Acme and it would end all the problems.

The cell tower was not approved (totally inappropriate location) and
maybe someone installed a booster, because people are talking up a
storm in the supermarket.

nancy