Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default [OT] Life after cell phone

Sqwertz wrote:

> I looked at the broadband prices in her area (actually Gary's area),
> and the prices on that are really high (for slow speeds) compared to
> other locales. So it wouldn't surprise me that landline phone is
> high, too. But not $140 - that would be unheard of. AT&T says it's
> 32.99/mo (+ fees - about $40 total) for unlimited local + long
> distance in Virgina.

For landline here you use Verizon which I have had forever. Montly
cost is just under $35 per month total. It's for unlimited local calls
only (within the area code). Long distance is sold by other companies.

I have no idea what cshenk was getting to cost her $140 per month.
Maybe she was using their dsl for phone and internet but still that
should be WAY less than $140.