Posted to rec.food.cooking
onglet onglet is offline

Default Chicken stew

On 4/25/2016 2:22 PM, Je�us wrote:
>>> It's poor folks food.
>> >
>> >Ha! Not with the amount of chicken that I put in there. Was heavy on the
>> >chicken.

> LOL. When was the last time chicken was expensive?

It happens, Auztard:

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/big-d...183755167.html

Pricey Poultry: Why Chicken Has Gotten Expensive
By Christina Medici Scolaro
July 19, 2013 9:37 AM

Chicken prices have almost doubled in the last two years, leading higher
costs for restaurants and chicken lovers alike, and prices dont seem to
be dropping any time soon.

Drought conditions pushed grain prices higher in 2010. And last year's
drought-- the worst since the Dust Bowl which decimated farms in the
1930s--made matters worse.

Poultry producers increased prices to offset higher grain costs. For
instance, boneless chicken breast prices grew to $3.52 per pound last
month compared with about $3.20 in June of 2012, according to government
data. That's more than a 10 percent increase. And bone-in chicken leg
prices rose 2.5 percent to $1.65 per pound during that same time period.