Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Produce shortage?

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 11:35:47 PM UTC-4, Doris Night wrote:

> No problems with produce here in Southern Ontario. It's pretty much
> the same variety of stuff as always, plus the "seasonal" stuff like
> asparagus, and there's plenty of everything. At this time of the year,
> most of it comes from Mexico, but I have no issues with the freshness
> of anything.
>
> I don't get what you are saying about tomatoes. Aside from the fact
> that they are "winter" tomatoes, all of the ones here are fine. I
> think we must have better grocery stores in Canada.

Produce looks great here (where "great" takes into account the season).
Maybe she needs to upgrade her grocery store, travel a little farther,
or something. Since we eat a lot of fresh vegetables, I've settled
on the place that has the best vegetables (and it's a happy coincidence
that they have excellent prices), but I don't buy meat there.

Cindy Hamilton