Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Chicken stew

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 6:06:53 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> That's our dinner. We had that freak heat wave and now it is cool and
> rainy. So I made the stew. It smelled so good while cooking that the cats
> looked up at me with big eye, licking their lips. It has potatoes, white
> beans, creamed corn, corn, peas, green beans onions, celery, salt, pepper,
> parsley and bay leaves. Also a very small amount of Wondra flour. The
> creamed corn was a boo boo. I don't usually buy it and didn't realize I had
> grabbed the wrong can until I saw it going in. It did add nice body to it
> so it needed very little thickening.
>
> We also had fruit cocktail and some yummy little olive oil breadsticks that
> QFC had for 99 cents per box. I wasn't expecting much given their price but
> they remind me in flavor of the crackers I make.

I saw some chicken carcases with the breast meat, wings, and thighs, removed. It was going for under $4 for two. I made jook. Typically jook is flavored with ginger. I didn't have any ginger so I used some Thai curry paste which is mostly lemongrass and ginger. It's a good substitute. I'll have some for breakfast tomorrow.

http://www.houseofannie.com/turkey-jook/