Roy Basan

Default Flourless and Sugar-Free Cake

(David Spears) wrote in message . com>...
> Hi. I'm trying to make a flourless and sugar-free cake (I'm an
> Atkins-doer), and I was wondering if anyone had any good experiences
> or recipes. I'm using Splenda, which is a pretty good sugar
> substitute but still has that bite that won't quite go away. Perhaps
> a combination of sugar and Splenda (50/50, 75/25, ?), or something
> else?
>
> Also, I'd also like to get some opinions on where I can find higher
> quality unsweetened baking chocolate. Any favorite brands?
>
> I appreciate any help. Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> David

I do not see the point of removing the flour and sugar which are the
critical ingredients in a cake.
I had some few experiences with these so called sugarless and
flourless cakes but I rated them as pure CRAP.
Even if they are nicely presented and tastefully decorated with sugar
free decorations;From my own standards,
I cannot label them as cake as the texture , apperarance etc. is
different and the sensory quality is offensive that taste panels
ended up rating ( simply stated ) thumbs down ..
If you really loved life why deprive yourself of the enjoyment if you
are not suffering from some sort of food allergy?
Anyway whether you practice or not an Atkins fad diet you will not
become immortal anyway...We all die in the end.
Therefore if you love to eat cake enjoy the real one not the modified
fabricated item.
Roy