Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Penedes bubbles, Campania white, Coonawarra red

Wednesday leftovers with the 1994 Lindemans Limestone Ridge Shiraz/Cabernet..
Still plenty of fruit here. Sweet blackberry meets cassis, the sweet character is a little distracting , but it's not hot (13.5, pretty restrained). Tannins resolved, a soft and easy wine. B-/B

Thursday an old neighbor was in town, we invited her and the neighbor family hosting her to dinner. We started with olives, mushrooms, and a Ottolenghi baba ganoush recipe with pomegranate. Wine was the 2013 Perelada "Stars" Cava Brut Nature. Dry going towards austere, green apples and ginger. Hey, it's inexpensive. B-

Dinner was a shrimp casserole, grilled asparagus with feta, and couscous with herbs (lots, kind of like a couscous tabbouleh). Wine was the 2013 Donnachiara Fiano di Avellino. Very full bodied white, but with good acidity. Pear, almond, and a minty herb note. Good length, fine value at $14. B+