Dee Randall

"Kenneth" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:57:56 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:
>

> >"Kenneth" > wrote in message
> .. .

was

> >called
> >>
> >> Hi Dee,
> >>
> >> The chef IS (a small amount of) the starter. (Ignoring here the
> >> specifics of its stage of development.)
> >>
> >> The chef would be used to make as much starter as you need for a
> >> particular recipe.
> >>

> >OK, using your answer and terminology:
> >So the "small amount of " starter (the chef) would be used to make more
> >starter, right? NOW, when bakers talk about adding the chef (which is

> >small amount of starter [and I'm assuming that this is left over from
> >yesterday's baking or two or whatever) to their dough to make bread, this

is
> >not in actuality true, but they actually use this chef to make MORE
> >starter to add to their dough to make bread -- NOW, how do they do this

in
> >one day?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Dee
> >

> Hi Dee,
>
> Why do you assume that they do it in one day? Often, it takes longer.
>
> Depending on the temperatures though, it is certainly possible to do
> it in one day.
>
> Why don't you just follow any of the recipes posted here, in the FAQs,
> on sites that folks who post here offer, or in the many books that are
> available?

Because I've never yet seen a recipe that is comprehensive enough that
incorporates this small amount of left-over (chef) that is actually used in
a "specific" recipe and shows how to do it! When I was trying to determine
the answer to this question many motnths before you referred me to use
someone else's recipe, which did not incorporate this method. It would be
nice if I had a recipe that does this.

If I would get a specific recipe that would be more than I could expect,
because I have seen none.

fyi I have followed
> any of the recipes posted here, in the FAQs,
> on sites that folks who post here offer, or in the many books that are
> available

Dee