Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doris Night[_3_] Doris Night[_3_] is offline

Default Dating Expiration of Refrigerated Foods

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 15:51:52 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> On 2016-04-10 11:52 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>

>>> That was the idea, but it did not work out that way. A few people
>>> benefited, many did not. Many low income people are forced to either pay
>>> a premium they cannot afford or pay a penalty for having no insurance.
>>> Varies by state, but if you have no income you are usually covered by
>>> Medicaid.
>>>
>>> The plan was based on incorrect suppositions. They assumed that the
>>> healthy 20 and 30 year olds would sign up, pay premiums, subsidize
>>> others. They found it was cheaper to pay a $400 penalty than to buy
>>> $6000 insurance.
>>>
>>> In another thread I mentioned situations like my son. He needs a knee
>>> operation that under the old plan would have been a $500 copay but is
>>> now $6000. He is paying the same premium, less coverage. Many people
>>> have run into that.

>> That same operation here..... no copay.... no charge.

>If they decide to grant it to you. And if you can get to the assigned
>hospital if they do.

If your doctor decides you need a specific treatment, you get it. And
there's no such thing as an "assigned hospital" in Canada.

While we're on the topic, Americans (including you, Julie) frequently
go on about not having access to doctors outside of their insurance
company's group. I forget exactly what you call that. In Canada, there
are no restrictions like that.

Doris