Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_14_] Ophelia[_14_] is offline

Default Dating Expiration of Refrigerated Foods

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 09:45:29 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> I spend 4 days in ICU and another 3 nights in the hospital. I was billed
>>> nothing for all that.

>>My God. If that was in the USA, you would face a bill of (just
>>guessing) over $20K.
>>
>>That night 7.5 years ago that I had severe asthma and was stuck
>>sitting on the toilet all night - very labored breathing and even a 7
>>step walk to the phone to call for help would have killed me. After
>>spending about 8 hours on the damn toilet with very labored breathing
>>all night, I was finally healed enough to get up, dressed, and I drove
>>to a "minor emergency clinic." Very labored breathing even for that.
>>
>>As soon as they heard that I had no insurance, they treated me quite
>>shabbily (imo). They didn't want me there and acted like I was some
>>bum off the street after free medical care. I was told that the doctor
>>was running a bit late and I should go to the emergency room.

> A clinic would not have told you to drive to the ER, they would have
> called an ambulance.
>
>>I told
>>them that I was doing ok just sitting there and waiting but to get up
>>again would be a hardship. I'm not leaving.
>>
>>So then she told me, "You know, this could be expensive"
>>I told her, "I've got money, I'll pay for this today"
>>She still didn't seem convinced. Again, I was made to feel like some
>>bum.
>>
>>So I finally got to see the doctor. They treated me there and I was
>>good to go plus I got prescriptions. Funny how just 1/2 hour treatment
>>in the doctors office fixed me when I really almost died of asthma
>>attack

> That's why you need medication at home, you should have an Albuterol
> Sulphate inhaler on you at all times, and a nebulizer at home... with
> a neb treatment at home you'd be fine in ten minutes.

Yes, I have all those things and have never got into difficulties the way
Gary did. As soon as I have a problem I have everything I need to treat
myself instantly!

I hope Gary will take better care of himself now. What he suffered and the
way he was treated was dreadful.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/