Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet B Janet B is offline

Default Dating Expiration of Refrigerated Foods

On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 00:50:13 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 05 Apr 2016 09:00:32 -0400, William > wrote:
>>
>>> What is your method of rotating foods including leftovers into the
>>> refrigerator and out to be eaten or dumped into the garbage?
>>>

>> I buy food for 3 days which usually expands to 5 and try not to cook
>> more than will be consumed by dinner the following day. At least
>> that's the plan. Very little goes into the garbage and there are no
>> science experiments in my refrigerator.

>That would be doable here except for the winter. Although we haven't been
>snowed in for several years, it can happen. So I need to keep a stockpile
>for winter. Also with things that I buy at Costco like pasta, there will be
>far more than we can eat in that length of time.

Dried pasta will last for a long, long time, (years?). No need to
throw it out unless you are talking about leftover cooked pasta.
Leftover naked cooked pasta is a wonderful thing. It's good hot or
cold, salad or main dish and depending on the amount it is good for
lunch or dinner. So many ways to dress it up
Janet US