Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dating Expiration of Refrigerated Foods

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 05 Apr 2016 09:00:32 -0400, William > wrote:
>
>> What is your method of rotating foods including leftovers into the
>> refrigerator and out to be eaten or dumped into the garbage?
>>

> I buy food for 3 days which usually expands to 5 and try not to cook
> more than will be consumed by dinner the following day. At least
> that's the plan. Very little goes into the garbage and there are no
> science experiments in my refrigerator.

That would be doable here except for the winter. Although we haven't been
snowed in for several years, it can happen. So I need to keep a stockpile
for winter. Also with things that I buy at Costco like pasta, there will be
far more than we can eat in that length of time.