Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Dating Expiration of Refrigerated Foods

William wrote:

> What is your method of rotating foods including leftovers into the
> refrigerator and out to be eaten or dumped into the garbage?

Leftovers in fridge are eaten within 3-5 days. After that, tossed.
That rarely happens though. I often freeze things.

Here's a good one. I bought an 8oz package of Crystal Farms
cream cheese forever ago. The "use by" date is Sept.10,2015.
That's almost 7 months ago.

What would Julie do in this case? Same as me...toss it.

Just for the heck of it, I just opened it up to smell.
hmmmm...it looks and smells perfectly fine but I'll still
trash it. That amount of time does bother me. I can
buy another on sale for only $1.50.