Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Shredding carrots fer carrot cake

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 11:51:30 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 2:16:24 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure which is worse, peeling all them carrots or
>> shredding/grating them.

>Why on earth are you peeling them? Give 'em a good scrub
>and grate away.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

How many carrots for one measly cake... I peel carrots, spuds, cukes,
whatever and never give it a thought. Unless I was baking several
carrot cakes a box grater is faster than cleaning a food processor...
I don't own a food processor anymore, I gave it away some 30 years
ago, I found it to be useless for home cooking.... they take up a lot
of space, are a PIA to clean, and it can't do anything I can't do
better and faster otherwise.