Posted to rec.food.cooking
anomaly anomaly is offline

Default Bernie Sanders is cleaning up in Washington state caucuses!

On 3/27/2016 11:24 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:04:30 -0600, anomaly > wrote:
>
>> Where does his "free" college come from?
>>

>> http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/u...trated-cartoon

> From taxes, you fool.

BULLSHIT!

That's income CONFISCATION!

> Starting with taxing every share traded on Wall
> Street and making the rich pay their fair share.

Now what will the incremental cost of that do to every pension fund in
this nation which invests in stocks?

> Virtually free
> doesn't mean entirely free.

Bullshit LIE!

http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2016/...e-will-it-work

The Most-College-Educated Countries Don’t Necessarily Have Free Tuition

South Korea
Japan
Canada

Andrew Kelly, a prominent critic of the idea at the conservative
American Enterprise Institute, has written that capping tuition at zero
"limits college spending to whatever the public is willing to invest.
But it does not change the cost of college, or what institutions
actually spend per student. If the past is any guide, that cost will
continue to grow, and an influx of federal money may lead profligate
administrators to spend even more. Enrollments will also increase,
further multiplying the cost of free college."

> He just wants to roll back the cost of
> state run colleges and universities to the reasonable ratios they were
> back in the '60's & '70s.

As if there hasn't been inflation in EVERY measurable component of a
college since then - wages, physical plant, energy, tenure, course
material, EVERYTHING!!!

> Only brainwashed fidiots like you can't
> understand why that's a good thing.

Only a total MORON would think we can roll ANYTHING back to 1960 in this
nation!