Posted to rec.food.cooking
graham[_4_] graham[_4_] is offline

Default Pork belly

On 21/03/2016 4:57 AM, wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 21:40:42 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

says...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/ja...xclusive-pork-

>> That recipe relies on a skin-on pork belly for it's cracklin crust.
>> The ones at Costco are skinless.
>>
>>> Looks like I'm going to be there again this week, so I will likely
>>> pick up a package unless it's $50 or something. Thanks for the
>>> recipe.

>> The price fluctuates between $2.29 and $2.69lb (around here) and they
>> weigh around 9-10 pounds.
>>
>> -sw

> Didn't cross my mind you could buy skinless pork belly! To me that's
> what pork belly is - the purveyor of loads of crackling! Nancy must
> have wondered why I left it uncovered overnight in the fridge, that
> was so the crackling would be even better.

All the pork in the SMs here is skinless. I was told that that's the way
it arrives from the packers. I did find some in a Vietnamese meat market
once but the shop ran into hygiene problems and the owners have been
charged with running a drugs racket and money laundering:-)
Graham