Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucretiaborgia@fl.it is offline

Default Pork belly

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 11:28:12 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>> Didn't cross my mind you could buy skinless pork belly! To me that's
>> what pork belly is - the purveyor of loads of crackling! Nancy must
>> have wondered why I left it uncovered overnight in the fridge, that
>> was so the crackling would be even better.

>Agreed!
>
>I bought some the other week in Ripon. I chose a piece from display and he
>proceeded to score it!! I politely informed him I didn't want it scored!
>
>I like to use my .. um .. thingy with all the wee blades.

I do sometimes buy the pork belly strips one sees in the supermarkets
here and use a Chinese friends recipe. It's delicious, in spite of
the fact that like you, I don't generally go for heavy spicing. You
can leave it as long as you like between wokking, so it's not really
as time consuming as the recipe may look. Served with plain rice,
delish.

Pkt of porkbelly

Goodly amount of frying oil in the wok

Cornflour
Egg
Thai Sauce
Ketchup
Salt

Cut the porkbelly into small pieces. Heat the oil in the wok until
quite hot. Quickly brown the pieces in the oil in small proportions.

Drain and cool.

Mix the sauce ingredients together and dip the pork pieces in it.

Refry and then put to drain on wax paper.

When ready to serve, quickly refry yet again.