Dale Williams

cwdjrx, nice post.

>Furmint - A great Tokaji Essencia

Aha, this explains why Furmint made Mike T's top 12 list - I thought Tokaji was
a blend.

>2. Riesling - Not far down from Furmint. The best TBA can be as complex
>as Tokaji Essencia, but it usually is not quite as rich or long lasting.

And let's don't forget the top dry Rieslings like Clos Ste. Hune or the best
Smaragd Austrians.

>3. Chenin Blanc - Despite the tons of so-so Chenin Blanc produced, the
>rare late harvest sweet ones from a few select regions of the Loire can
>exceed anything I have tasted from Sauternes includng Yquem. They are
>more complex, richer, and last longer.

Again, while maybe not the equal of the top Quarts or moulleaux Vouvrays, some
great dry whites from Vouvray and Savennieres, too.

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply