Blanche Nonken

Brian Mailman > wrote:

> Blanche Nonken wrote:
>
> > Brian Mailman > wrote:

> >> but 4 ounces is barely two-three bites....

> > This is a very richly flavored chili. Made with venison neck (glatt
> > kosher, if you must know, from Musicon Farms),

> I had no doubt... you know about http://www.kosherbison.com if you want
> kosher "exotics"?
>
> > goat, and what passes for lamb in the US.

> It's hoggett, I'm told. A teen-ish animal.
>
> > Wesley Pitt's recipe, home-grown and dried Mulato
> > Isleno chiles, very filling stuff. I suppose to make it the equivalent
> > of typical diner chili I'd add that little container to a can of red
> > beans, some cut up vegetables, maybe a little extra stock to distribute
> > the flavor. There, now it's a Full Meal.

> Well, OK.
>
> > (Besides, I like to add half or so of a diced onion and a couple ounces
> > of grated sharp cheddar.)

> A-hem. Cheddar on glatt venison?

Um. Er... forget I said that.

> > Looking forward to being stable again, so I can make more. Down to 5
> > little jars.

> It does sound good.

Incredible stuff. Find his recipe, try it. I cheated and used
Yuengling (a PA beer, and damned good) instead of his insistence on a
Texas brew. After all, he's dead and I'm not afraid of ghosts.
Besides, I'm a woman, and a Texas male ghost wouldn't mess with a woman.
Right, Wes?