Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Buckwheat honey

On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 16:44:06 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 2/26/2016 2:47 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:35:30 -0500, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> Buckwheat honey, that sounds interesting, so I tasted a sample.
>>> Momma mia, that is some sturdy stuff right there. I didn't buy
>>> that, not sure what I'd even do with it.

>> Excellent for honeycake.
>> http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-..._honey,FF.html

>That would be a great way to use it.
>
>nancy

I rarely use white sugar as a sweetener, I mostly use honey or dark
brown sugar, I'm still working on the five pound bag of white sugar I
bought some 20 years ago, there's still more than enough for another
20 years. Several of my neighbors keep bees so are always trading me
honey for veggies... in rural areas it's very common to use a loosey
goosey barter system with neighbors rather than cash, when I offer
them my extra veggies from my garden they bring me some of their extra
honey, there's no formal agreement. I've always maintained a policy
of not doing cash business with neighbors.