Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Shadow[_3_] Shadow[_3_] is offline

Default Sourdough with an automatic bread maker?

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:35:06 -0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
> wrote:

>In article >,
>Shadow > wrote:
>>On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:37:42 -0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
> wrote:

>>>A conventional ABM won't be enough for you - however it might be good
>>>for the initial mixing and kneading phase, then remove for a longer
>>>ferment, etc.
>>>
>>>However, Panasonic recently released a new one that does have a sourdough program.
>>>
>>>http://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer...sd-zb2512.html
>>>
>>>I've no idea how good/bad/indifferent it is though, but it's a start.

>> Under the "French" setting, it rests for 2 hours, kneads
>>quickly (10 minutes), then allows to rise for another 4 hours, which
>>would be fine.
>> Funny, the "Rustic Sourdough" setting kneads much longer and
>>has quite a short rise.
>> When my Mom's burns out, I'll get her one. She's too old to
>>knead. 90 + arthritis etc.
>> A search on Amazon USA came up nihil, and it's announced as
>>"European". Any idea of cost ?

>Not cheap:
>http://www.johnlewis.com/panasonic-s...steel/p2029308
>and £189.95 ...

Thanks. But that is England only.

US$ 275. Very expensive, probably not many being manufactured,
a niche **product.
Postage and taxes would be absurd, but I could have someone
bring one out from the US.
[]'s

** Probably means spare parts will be hard to find.

PS I live in Brazil
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012