Mike Pearce

"Wcsjohn" wrote in message

Kenneth>
> >I don't know what "seriously" would mean in this context, but yes,
> >that is exactly what I am saying.
> >

> >You might want to give it a try. It really works.
> >
> >All the best,
> >
> >--
> >Kenneth

> Fine, I'll put a batch of Sourdough Ciabatta on and, instead of mixing

fast and
> stretching and folding, I'll just leave it once it's thoroughly mixed.
>
> Should the dough be rising during the long hydrolysis or is it better

quiescent
> in the fridge?

John:

Today a baked a loaf of ciabatta-type bread and used a method very similar
to what you describe above. The results did not look a lot different from
the photo you posted earlier in this thread. The bread is very tasty. I'm
making soup right now mainly because I think it will go well with the bread.

With today's bread I'd mixed the dough on Saturday and it had been sitting
in the refrigerator since then. Initially I put it in the refrigerator just
to buy myself an extra hour or two of time and had intended to bake it on
Saturday, but as luck would have it I wasn't able to get back to it until
today.

You might like the results of your experiment.

-Mike