Dick Adams

"Wcsjohn" > wrote in message=20

> http://www.zippyimages.com/files/100448/DSC00758.jpg=20
> is a picture, which I may have posted before, my short term memory is =

not the
> most accurate of tools. It's the sourdough Ciabatta for which I =

posted a recipe=20
> a few months back.

Well done! Well, the photo is a bit big for my screen, so it takes a =
bit of work
to see it all at once. Your article can be retrieved from Google:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...00000593@mb-m=
04.aol.com

> ... I don't know if you're employing irony here but all my "high =

hydration",
> intensively worked doughs "windowpane" very nicely but then, I've =

never been
> convinced of the power of the "windowpane test" to provide a reliable =

> prediction of bread quality.

Of course I am! It would be a good thing to develop a way to =
demonstrate
windopaneing at zippyimages. Your good result may very well not the the =
same
as I would expect mine to be. A good windowpane result, and the amount =
of
machine kneading you describe, implies a well-developed dough. =
Otherwise
I could suppose that dough can develop itself during a long sit in the =
fridge, as
reported by some others, but I would not want to bet on it.

--
DickA