Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Janet is offline

Default Fun Vintage Item

In article >,
says...

> Does this thing remind anyone else of Robbie the Robot? It's a vintage
> nut chopper. It belonged to my grandmother. An interesting little bit
> of family cooking history.

http://i66.tinypic.com/20gickj.jpg

cool!

> I have posted grandma's recipe for date nut coconut candy before.
> That's the gadget she used to chop the walnuts. Circa 1950 or so. The
> glass base is stamped Federal Tool Corp. Chicago. The top is actually a
> plastic measuring cup that pops off. It has a built-in shaker on the
> top for sprinkling the chopped or ground nuts on something. The blades
> seem to be still good and sharp.
>
> According to eBay and other sites it's worth about $4. To me, it's
> priceless.
>
> Do you have any fun vintage stuff around the house?
>
> Jill

Lots of vintage dishes and plates, all of them blue and white but
none of them matching, a couple of which date from my parents. We use
them every day. Plus, inherited, my aunt's silverplated cutlery set
which we rarely use because it needs cleaning to look good( As a child I
cleaned that set every school holidsys for years).

Janet UK