Melba's Jammin'

In article >, maxine in ri
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >
> > As Sam would say: "I so 'cited."
> >
> > Here are my 20 canning entries in this year's Minnesota State Fair and
> > how they fared at the fair (it opened today; Chris and I will head out
> > in a couple hours):
> >

> Criminy! After all these years, where do you find wall space to
> display all these ribbons and awards? I'm just grateful there's
> only one of you, and she's in Mini soda so folks in the other 50 get
> a chance now and then to pick up a ribbon<g>.
>
> Congrats on a darned good showing
>
> maxine in ri

LOL! I don't especially display them. OK, I've got a shelf with some
wood pegs where I usually hang the current or previous year's stuff plus
all the big rosettes that indicate a certain class of greatness (I'm
puking, too!). :-) And I keep those there because every once in a
while I make an appearance for the Gedney folks and like to show the
folks that this ain't no ordinary housewife they're dealing with!
Believe me, there are more accomplished folks than I am, but they don't
hang out here and they're more modest. "Who tooteth not her own horn,
her horn doth not get tooted."

Thanks for the good words, Maxine.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 8/22/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.