Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default "Stop Telling Me to Make My Own Lunch" - Slate

On 12/9/2015 11:21 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 12/9/2015 10:27 AM, Gary wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> My co-workers, OTOH, always came back from their lunch break
>>> with bags from some fast food joint that cost them at least $5 a pop.
>>> (Meanwhile, I paid just over that for the entire home made pot roast
>>> meal, not just what I brought for lunch.) Then they'd complain about
>>> not having any money.

>> I never buy lunch at work but my co-workers do every day. They spend
>> 5-10 dollars a day, 5 days a week. that's $25-50 per week just for
>> lunch for 5 days. Ha. I eat nicely all week and all meals for the same
>> price.

> Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against getting out of the office
> for a bit, there's value in taking a break and I do enjoy eating out.
> I just don't pretend it's just as cheap as bringing food from home.
>
> nancy

Sure, I went out to lunch every once in a while. Just not every day
like most people seemed to do. They were the ones carping about not
having money yet they spent $5-10 on fast food every day. That adds up!
Any article that says differently is obviously slanted.

Jill