Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Starbucks recalls holiday turkey sandwiches linked to Costco E. coli outbreak

On Thu, 3 Dec 2015 03:33:40 +0100 (CET), "CostCo Branded - Dump Your
CostCo Stock" > wrote:

> If you're a fan of the Starbucks holiday turkey panini — those
> sandwiches that come on warm ciabatta bread with cranberry
> cornbread stuffing and turkey gravy — you're out of luck. The
> Seattle-based coffee giant has recalled the sandwiches from more
> than 1,000 stores after discovering they were made with an
> ingredient linked to the recent Costco E. coli outbreak.

<snip>

> According to the CDC, most healthy adults recover from E. coli
> exposure, but the bacteria can cause serious health problems
> among the elderly and young children.
>
> The Starbucks recall comes shortly after Chipotle Mexican Grill
> was forced to temporarily close more than 40 locations in Oregon
> and Washington after at least 35 cases of illness from E. coli
> were linked to its restaurants.
>
> http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydis...rbucks-recall-
> holiday-turkey-sandwiches-ecoli-20151202-story.html

I had no idea Starbucks sold sandwiches, but even if I did - it
doesn't matter because I bet most of the people who bought them have
already eaten them, so you could say they are truly *S*OL.

--

sf