Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Boiled cider & sweet potatoes

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote:
> > Sf gave a link to a recipe, and I was right about the vanilla but also
> > should add some nutmeg, cloves, etc. I'll try this before I feed the
> > ants in the woods.
> > http://www.theyummylife.com/Apple_Cider_Syrup

> If you get it as you want it, what will you use it for?

To start with, this was just a science project.
Theory: Maple syrup is so good, why not other fruit syrup?
So I decided to try the apple.

I've been making the apple-cranberry cake and I thought that might be
a good topping but this cake really doesn't even need any topping. But
since I'm going to make another tomorrow, I'll try adding some
vanilla, nutmeg, and cloves to what I have just to see if it works. As
I said, just apple juice reduced to a syrup isn't all that tasty...it
needs something.

It was just a fun project though. Even if it turns out good, I'll
probably never make it again.