Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Boiled cider & sweet potatoes

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:33:55 -0500, Gary > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > I also
> > think cranberry apple cake is sweet enough as it is, but YMMV.

> It really is a stand alone dessert. Very moist. I keep it cold in the
> fridge. I used to heat it up and butter. No longer. Then I used to eat
> it cold with a smear of butter. No longer.

That sounds like hubby. He hasn't met a pastry that couldn't benefit
from more butter and he did it just this morning with a kringle from
Wisconsin (think bearclaw ingredients).

> The cake is very good just sliced cold and eaten.

I bet it is!

> The old recipe called for a topping so that's why I'm making apple
> syrup. I suspect I still will like the cake plain and cold.

Agree.

> I can always use the experimental apple syrup for something.

Let us know where you think the syrup works and I'll give it a try
too... but not as pancake/waffle syrup because I've already tried
that.

--

sf