Gyorgy Sajo

(bruce) wrote in message . com>...

> Wow, great info! Thanks for correcting me. I always thought red tea
> was a much more recent invention and I never knew it was only invented
> for foriegners. What dates does that book attribute to the other
> styles of tea?

There are no other dates. Curiously, despite of a very thorougly
researched book, with a welth of information about the history of
green tea, a deep knowledge of Chinese history and society, tea trade
and cultivation from the earliest days until today, the author does
not seem to have any knowledge of other teas than black and green! In
the chapter where he discusses the processing of tea in more recent
time, he mentions only black and green tea manufacture. In the whole
book there is virtually no mention of oolong, white, yellow teas or
puerh. Very puzzling.