Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Really Thin"?

On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 7:23:33 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> "Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
> > On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 5:12:07 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> >> I buy the Tillamook pre-sliced cheddar cheese slices for my homemade
> >> cheeseburgers. It's bad enough that "sharp" cheddar slices have been
> >> discontinued, but now the medium cheddar slices have been corrupted.
> >>
> >> I didn't notice until I was making a cheeseburger, today, that those
> >> same pre-sliced cheeses are now, "Really Thin" slices. WTF!?
> >>
> >> Yes, we're talking seriously thin. About half as thick as a regular
> >> American cheese slice. It's my own fault for not seeing the "Really
> >> Thin" (in huge letters) on the pkg, but still.

> > I buy "really thin" provolone for my husband, who is still seriously
> > watching
> > his thermodynamics. He can put a couple of those on a crust
> > <http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/thin-crust-artisan-pizza/rustic-white/>
> > with tomato sauce and call it pizza. He hasn't eaten real pizza in more
> > than a year, so this more or less satisfies his cravings. He's lost
> > more than 160 pounds; now the really hard work begins.
> >
> > You can, you know, use more than one slice on a cheeseburger. Not
> > that I'd know, since I don't put cheese on my burgers.
> >
> > I bought a package of really thin Kraft mozzarella slices, which he
> > didn't like (not enough flavor). I've been eating them three at a
> > a time, melted onto a piece of multigrain toast that was rubbed with a
> > fresh garlic clove. It's good alongside a bowl of vegetable soup,
> > and amps up the meal's protein satisfactorily. So what if it's like
> > eating melted wax on a slice of garlic toast?
> >

> Please would you explain 'watching his thermodynamics' ?
>
> The term is known to me.

Calories in versus calories burned. Weight loss is, at the bottom,
all about thermodynamics, even if you can game your metabolism by
avoiding carbs and suchlike.

The Rutherford quote just popped into my head: "All science is either
physics or stamp collecting". I really have too much junk in my mental
attic.

Cindy Hamilton