Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default Do you Recognize this wine as "Rothschild's Chateau LafitteBordeaux" ? - Capture.JPG (0/1)

On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 2:13:23 PM UTC-5, Time2Live wrote:
> Someone told us this wine we were brought (when what we had ordered
> was unavailable) at Angeline Restaurant in Antiqua Guatamala was
> "Rothschild's Chateau Lafitte Bordeaux" , but I cant find this label
> in google anywhere. Can anyone give me any information on what this
> wine really is? Thanks so much!

Like Mark can't see the image
Unless you paid a LOT of money, it's not Ch. Lafite Rothschild

A look at restaurant website shows a wine list that has 2 possibilities:
http://angelineantigua.com/menu/wine-list/

Chateau Smith Haut Lafitte, Pessac-Léognan, 1998
No Rothschild connection

Baron Nathaniel, Baron Philippe De Rothschild, Pauillac, 2009
The Baron Philipe branch of the family makes Mouton, not Lafite. I think the Baron Nathaniel is basically a "third wine", Pauillac from barrels that didn't make the cut for Mouton or their other wine Clerc-Milon or their respective seconds. Probably mostly sold to restaurant trade

If you go to cellartracker.com lots of photos